The SwimEx Pool for Physical Therapy, Rehab and Sports Conditioning is a versatile aquatic therapy, conditioning and hydrotherapy rehabilitation pool. From aquatic therapy and conditioning for athletes and sports teams to hydrotherapy pool rehab and recovery of post surgical and orthopaedic conditons, Swimex extends the range of therapy and sports medicine treatments to a broader range of clients.
SwimEx conditioning and rehab pools are the preferred choice of many major league and college teams. Winner’s such as the Boston Red Sox, the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, the Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat all have a SwimEx as do National Hockey League teams including the Buffalo Sabres, Dallas Stars, Phoenix Coyotes and Montreal Canadians.
This state-of-the-art therapy pool is one-of-a-kind in the region.
The pool is equiped with a series of mechanisms to allow clients a personalized training or rehabilitation experience including:
- underwater paddle wheel and jets to provide significant thrust to jog, swim or exercise against the resistance of water flow
- wheelchair lift to move participants in and out of the water easily and comfortably
- underwater treadmill
- different depths to assist in the progress of exercise or therapy
- specialized aquatic exercise equipment
- qualified therapist/kinesiologist, trained in hydrotherapy techniques